Skip to main content

Kembali Pada amaroK : Karena error pada gMusicbrowser


gMusicBrowser bawaan Zenwalk 5.2 yang buggy

Beberapa waktu yang lalu saya mencoba menginstalasi Zenwalk 5.2 GNOME. Secara keseluruhan, desktop linux berbasis Slackware ini sangat oke. Di usung dengan GNOME 2.22, dekstop ini terasa sangat cepat di komputer saya.


Aplikasi-aplikasi yang disertakan pun lumayan, walau saya harus menambah sendiri OpenOffice.org 3.0. Dari beberapa aplikasi yang by default disertakan ada satu yang cukup menarik perhatian saya, yaitu gMusicbrowser. Sekilas mirip sekali dengan aplikasi music manager amaroK, namun setelah saya coba beberapa kali, ternyata aplikasi tersebut (yang disertakan dalam Zenwalk 5.2), masih cukup buggy. Selalu saja ada error yang sama setiap kali saya menjalankan musik dengan gMusicbrowser yaitu setelah menjalankan lagu beberapa track, aplikasi ini akan berhenti memutar lagu selanjutnya. Saya coba klik-klik lagu-lagu yang ada, namun tetap saja hasilnya sama. What`s happened? Itulah, karena saya belum menjadi seorang programmer atau software analyzer, maka saya hanya bisa ber-bingung-ria. Hyuff!!


Karena bingung dan tidak tahu masalahnya, akhirnya saya lebih memilih menggunakan (kembali) pemutar musik kebanggaan KDE : amaroK. Setelah menimbang dan membandingkan, dari berbagai macam aplikasi music-organizer, memang amaroK masih menjadi yang terbaik, mengalahkan aplikasi sejenis yang ditulis dengan berbasis GTK : Evince, Banshee, Rhythmbox, gMusicbrowser, BMPx.


Dalam hal ini, semakin menguatkan keyakinan saya, bahwa software yang memang didesain untuk desktop linux yang ultimate memang KDE, terbukti dengan banyaknya aplikasi KDE yang memang terasa berfungsi secara ultimate, alias “hampir-tanpa-cela”. Tengoklah semisal amaroK, K3B, Kchmviewer, Kdeedu, SMPlayer dan lain sebagainya. Semua berfungsi dengan hampir-sempurna, dan dengan interface yang cantik.


Selamat ber-Linux !

Comments

arros said…
ngga nyoba rhythmbox om.....
blog walking nih..

Popular posts from this blog

Ubuntu Kylin 19.04 Review : A Gorgeous Windows 10 Clone

It's been quite a while since the last post I wrote in this blog. My daily life prevents me to write another stuff about Linux Desktop, and now I'm curious to take a look to the Ubuntu Kylin 19.04. Ubuntu is always be my favorite distro. It supports huge number of hardwares, it has probably the largest Linux software repository. It is also --the most important thing-- very easy to install, even for beginners.  But for some couple of years, because of technical reason, I stopped to play around with the Ubuntu releases. I stood for KDE Neon and became my primary OS because of its simplicity and the look. Few days ago Ubuntu has released its newer version, Ubuntu 19.04 codenamed Disco Dingo. I'm yes impressed by the progress Ubuntu developer has made, especially the way they arrange the GNOME desktop to match the Ubuntu theme. But the most interesting flavor of this release is Ubuntu Kylin. It's an official Ubuntu flavor, designed for Chinese People with its own...

How To Speed Up Your KDE Plasma Desktop (KDE4)

KDE is one of the oldest desktop environment in Linux. While GNOME (the other desktop that as old as KDE) is trying to built its own style of user interface, KDE from the beginning seems to mimics the Microsoft Windows' "classic" user interface. Thus, KDE has its own user base, especially for them who still in love with the Windows' philosophy : a simple desktop, with a single taskbar in the bottom, and a start menu in the left. Personally, I love KDE. It's gorgeous and eyecandy. But sometimes, I feel KDE is little bit slow in my older hardwares. So, after some experiences, I've found some tweak how to make KDE Plasma Desktop Runs Faster . 1. Change The Compositing Engine  Go to System Settings>Desktop Effect>Advanced , and change the Compositing type from OpenGL 2.0 to XRender. 2. Remove All Bloatware Apps There are some uneeded apps installed in Kubuntu (my favorite KDE distro) and you could safely remove them. Here are my list : ...

BAM Huawei Mobile Partner For Linux. Download and Install.

Click to enlarge Profile management Broadband connection is one of the most used internet connections, alongside wired and wi-fi internet connection. And the most used device to use broadband connection is USB Modem (GSM/CDMA), and one of the most used brands is Huawei, a world-recognized Chinese manufacture that focuses to produce great networking devices (modems, router etc). It is probably the most popular brand from China and I have to say that Huawei is a great product. Because of this I decided to buy a CDMA USB modem from Huawei. And greatly, this has already been recognized by Linux from so long time ago and so I can use the modem easily with GNOME's Network Manager. But later I found a problem : how to top up my prepaid internet account? To top up my prepaid internet account, I have to send a SMS to the provider and I can't do this on Linux. With forced, I temporarily used Mobile Partner application on Windows to buy / top up my prepaid internet account. ...