Skip to main content

Berbagi Font Windows Dalam Satu Komputer

Sebagian besar pengguna Linux di Indonesia, masih “menduakan” Linux dengan “pacar lama” Windows. Alasannya bermacam-macam. Tapi kali ini saya berprasangka baik, bahwa alasannya karena kita masih sayang membuang windows asli kita! (mungkin pre-installed saat kita beli notebook atau PC branded).


Di desktop Linux, sudah lengkap tersedia berbagai macam aplikasi kebutuhan sehari-hari, salah satunya yang paling mendasar adalah office suite. OpenOffice.org adalah aplikasi office suite multi-platform yang secara built-in terbundel di hampir semua distribusi Linux dunia. Kali ini saya ingin share sedikit trik sangat sederhana agar OOo lebih kompatibel dengan dokumen Microsoft Office yaitu dengan menambah font windows.


Bagi sebagian besar dari kita, untuk menambah font windows, kita tinggal meng-copy-paste font windows dari direrktori C:\Windows\Fonts ke ditektori /home/.fonts, kemudian men-bangun ulang cache font sistem Linux kita. Cara tersebut memang praktis, tapi sangat tidak efisien karena menghabiskan space hardisk kita. Ada cara lain yang lebih efisien, yaitu dengan membuat symbolic link dari direktori font di windows ke direktori font di sistem Linux kita. Untuk membuat symbolic link dari direktori font windows sangatlah mudah, menggunakan terminal, yaitu :

$ ln -s “direktori_font_windows” “direktori_font_linux”

untuk contoh, kita pakai contoh di bawah ini :

$ ln -s /media/win_c/windows/fonts /home/alwan/.fonts

Setalah itu, kita bangun ulang cache font sistem Linux kita dengan perintah berikut :

Untuk Linux keluarga Debian : # fc-cache -f -v

Untuk Linux keluarga Redhat : # /etc/init.d/xfs restart

Terakhir kita tinggal buka aplikasi OOo dan font windows kita sudah terbaca dengan sempurna!


Selamat bereskplorasi dengan OpenOffice.org dan Linux!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Speed Up Your KDE Plasma Desktop (KDE4)

KDE is one of the oldest desktop environment in Linux. While GNOME (the other desktop that as old as KDE) is trying to built its own style of user interface, KDE from the beginning seems to mimics the Microsoft Windows' "classic" user interface. Thus, KDE has its own user base, especially for them who still in love with the Windows' philosophy : a simple desktop, with a single taskbar in the bottom, and a start menu in the left. Personally, I love KDE. It's gorgeous and eyecandy. But sometimes, I feel KDE is little bit slow in my older hardwares. So, after some experiences, I've found some tweak how to make KDE Plasma Desktop Runs Faster . 1. Change The Compositing Engine  Go to System Settings>Desktop Effect>Advanced , and change the Compositing type from OpenGL 2.0 to XRender. 2. Remove All Bloatware Apps There are some uneeded apps installed in Kubuntu (my favorite KDE distro) and you could safely remove them. Here are my list : ...

Q4OS 4.6 "Gemini" Review: A Real Hidden Gem

Distro hopping is a fun adventure. It's a pure joy you can only find in GNU/Linux world. It's a nature you want to escape from what I call 'comfort ecosystem'. You need to play, trying something new even for a few little differences. For a long time I've been using Ubuntu family as my daily driver. The main reason is probably just same as any other Ubuntu user: it's reliable. You can't go wrong with Ubuntu. It works almost in any device, even for the newest one. It is the ultimate Linux distro you can rely on. However, sometimes, you will feel bored. The temptation to flirt with other new distro is unbearable. There are a lot of hot new Linux distros waiting to try.  A Real Hidden Gem I've known this distro for a quite long time. At first, it offered Trinity Desktop as the main desktop, which brings me the sweet memories about KDE3. It is simply fast, stable, almost without any issue, and it is based on Debian. I install it on my old machine and I love t...

Ubuntu Kylin 19.04 Review : A Gorgeous Windows 10 Clone

It's been quite a while since the last post I wrote in this blog. My daily life prevents me to write another stuff about Linux Desktop, and now I'm curious to take a look to the Ubuntu Kylin 19.04. Ubuntu is always be my favorite distro. It supports huge number of hardwares, it has probably the largest Linux software repository. It is also --the most important thing-- very easy to install, even for beginners.  But for some couple of years, because of technical reason, I stopped to play around with the Ubuntu releases. I stood for KDE Neon and became my primary OS because of its simplicity and the look. Few days ago Ubuntu has released its newer version, Ubuntu 19.04 codenamed Disco Dingo. I'm yes impressed by the progress Ubuntu developer has made, especially the way they arrange the GNOME desktop to match the Ubuntu theme. But the most interesting flavor of this release is Ubuntu Kylin. It's an official Ubuntu flavor, designed for Chinese People with its own...