Ubuntu 12.04, GNOME Session Fallback, Faenza Icon Theme
[click to enlarge]
Faenza Icon Theme is a very popular icon theme in Linux desktop. But, strangely, in Ubuntu 12.04 GNOME Session Fallback mode, this theme doesn't work perfect. The distributor logo doesn't appear perfect if we use Faenza Dark (it just appears orange square Ubuntu logo, not white circle Ubuntu logo). So, how to fix this? After explored, I found that the start-here logo has been moved into apps directory not in places like before. So what we have to do? What we have to do is not simple but it worked good in my machine.
Here are the steps :
- Go to /usr/share/icons with nautilus with administrator mode. We could do this by terminal :sudo nautilus /usr/share/icons
- Make file search by clicking search button, and search files named icon-theme.cache. When searching process done, remove 'em all.
- Install Faenza Icon Theme. We have to download the newer version specified for Precise from HERE.
- Remove Humanity Icon Theme (by terminal)sudo rm -rf /usr/share/icons/Humanity -v
- Make a soft link for Humanity icon theme to Feanza icon themesudo ln -s /usr/share/icons/Faenza /usr/shar/icons/Humanity -v
- Remove these icons and replace them with another appropriate iconssudo rm /usr/share/icon/ubuntu-mono-dark/22/distributor-logo.svg -vsudo rm /usr/share/icon/ubuntu-mono-dark/22/start-here.svg -vThen, make soft link for the replacement into Faenza-Dark icon themesudo ln -s /usr/share/icons/Faenza-Dark/places/24/start-here-ubuntu.png /usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-dark/apps/22/start-here.png -vsudo ln -s /usr/share/icons/Faenza-Dark/places/24/start-here-ubuntu.png /usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-dark/apps/22/distributor-logo.png -v
- Logout and Login back to the GNOME Session Fallback and now we have our ultimate Classic GNOME back in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.